The Orgasm Shot (O-Shot) procedure is a method of using blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the vagina to help relieve women with urinary incontinence and sex problems.
O Shot, also known as the Orgasm Shot, is a non-surgical treatment that treats sexual dysfunction in women by stimulating both the clitoris and vagina with PRP (platelet-rich plasma). Platelet-rich plasma is extracted from the patient’s blood and is full of growth factors and the goal is to stimulate the growth of new cells and make the injected areas more sensitive.
The O Shot can help:
- Increase sexual arousal and lubrication
- Decrease painful intercourse
- Increase the frequency and strength of orgasms
- Obtain an orgasm in women who have never had an orgasm
- Decrease urinary incontinence
- Treat sexual disorders such as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Can you really rejuvenate your sex life with the O-Shot procedure?
The Orgasm “O” Shot, is a non-surgical treatment which pledges to increase sexual arousal and rejuvenate the vagina. Patients report stronger and more frequent orgasms, increased natural lubrication, and greater arousal after having the procedure.
Is the O-Shot a drug?
The O-Shot is not a drug. It’s a procedure performed in a medical office in which your own blood platelets are injected into vaginal tissue. The theory proposed by the inventor, Dr. Charles Runels, is that platelets naturally attract your own stem cells to the injected area, and “generate healthier and more functional tissue in the areas of sexual response in the vagina (G-Spot, O-Spot, Skene’s Glands, urethra, and vaginal wall).”
What are the steps in the O Shot?
- Explain O Shot procedure and benefits; sign consent.
- Apply topical numbing medication to the clitoris and just inside the vagina along the front wall.
- Draw the patient’s blood and process for PRP.
- Perform a clitoral block with an injection of lidocaine.
- Using a tiny needle, PRP is injected into the vaginal wall.
- The clitoris is iced and then PRP is also injected into the clitoris.
What results can I expect following the O-Shot?
For most women, the change is noticeable almost immediately. Women of all ages report an increased sensitivity of the clitoris and G-spot area resulting in stronger orgasms and multiple orgasms even when they have not experienced them before. The full effects may not be seen for up to three to four weeks after treatment.